Monday, June 18, 2007

Mama Mia

If you want to live to be insanely old... you should move to the island
of Kyushu in Japan...

In other news...

I'm really enjoying teaching for Upward Bound. Most of my students seem to be really excited about learning the language and it's something that I really enjoy doing. I have had some complaints that I don't speak while signing... *blink*....

Nope... I don't use my voice when using American Sign Language. ASL is a separate language, not just signed English, so it wouldn't be terribly accurate if I did say everything I was signing. Besides, immersion is a common way to teach languages. It's the way I was taught ASL... and I do use my voice for clarifications or first-time instructions.

So grumble all you want. My class. My rules. No talkie talkie!