Saturday, June 16, 2007

Push-E

Holy freaking cow!

I just got a call from my Mom saying I got a new credit card in the mail (in Texas)... it's a card I forgot I even had... not good... but in any case she gave me the info and I called to cancel it. I was the epitome of patience, but good grief... PUSHY...

The automated thing notified me that my call would be recorded...

Account guy: Oh please don't say that... Please... We can... blah blah blah

Me: No - no - no - no - no - no - no thank you - no - nope - nopers - nosky - N O

Account guy: But we can......

Me: No - no - no - no - no - no - no thank you - no - nope - nopers - nosky - N O

Finally...

Account guy: Ok well I will close your account, blah blah blah Was your call courteous and helpful today?

Me: Yes. Just way too much pushing me to keep a card that I've already decided I wanted to cancel.

Account guy: I'm sorry, but I really hate to lose you as a customer blah blah blah...

The end.

If I ever thought I might want to re-open an account with that company in the future... This has convinced me otherwise.

Geeze.