Monday, June 25, 2007

Working 5:30am - 11:30pm

That's a long day...

/sigh

So tired...

I had to get a girl from the dorms and take her to the airport at 5:30am yesterday. I continued to transport people off and on all day long... I was already in my pj's and reading my book when I got a call asking me to pick someone up at the airport at 10:30pm... and of course the plane was late. It was 11:30pm by the time I was done.

I was going to come in to work at 8am today... but I decided to sleep in so I wouldn't be a zombie. Got to work at 9am, but still look and feel exhausted.

In other news... teaching is going well. I struggled with a couple of students during the second week, but things went better after I told them they couldn't sit with each other (though they were thoroughly ticked about it - I'm soooo mean). Overall the students seem interested (some more than others of course). I gave them their first quiz last week and they all did reallllly well. I'm so proud.

Working in the lab and for the Ed Dept is same as always... slow periods and insanely busy periods...

And this weekend two of my best friends are getting married... He got a job down by the cities, which means they'll both be leaving right after they get married. This makes me sad... :( I'm happy for them, but sad to see them go.

Been reading whenever I can. Finished His Dark Materials, re-read the first four Artemis Fowls and now I'm reading the newest one, next on my list is Garth Nix's Keys to the Kingdom... then the last two HP's in preparation for the next (and final) in the series. After that... I dunno... Something new? I have a big stack of books I want to go through this summer, I just started with my YA series because I had two new books to read and wanted to refresh my memory on the rest...