Monday, December 03, 2007

In the past...

I'm not sure if my references are totally obscure or antiquated... Maybe both.

In the past couple of days I've made references to a "push-me-pull-you" and "No Name City" and the people around me looked at me like I was crazy.

In other news...

I got to do some Raku firing today in Ceramics. Basically you fire your pots in a kiln, slowly raising the temperature and then when they're super hot (glowing red) you remove them from the kiln and put them in a container with some highly flammable material (in this case shredded paper). The special glazes for Raku firing give you some interesting colors and you get a crackled surface. It's a bit dangerous - what with the flames and such... plus it has a 50/50 chance of cracking your pots... and they're not food-safe. Two out of the three pots I did today cracked.