Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Talking

I've been talking to people. Lots of people.
Mostly faculty and staff in the Education Dept.

What they've had to say has been all support, good advice and lots of faith that I'll make the right decision.

I ran the numbers for the cost of living vs my income and included my student loans. I'll be able to pay all my bills, but won't have any extra money. Hey, it beats now where I don't even make enough to pay my basic bills. The only reason I've survived is because Mom and Dad have been helping me out.

So... I'm feeling pretty good about the offer and I've found out there's actually a lot to do in that area: horseback riding, snowmobiling, dog sledding, bowling, book club, summer job opportunities, three lakes, Rocky Mountain National Park, skiing (if I get over my fear), walking trails, and more.

I'm not stressing anymore. I'm taking some excellent advice and taking the time to enjoy the offer. It really is an amazing offer and I'm unbelievably luck to have it.
Yay me!

In other news... Last night I went to trivia and we got 2nd place! That was SO exciting. We missed out on first place by 1 point. My Texas History (and genealogy) actually came in handy last night when they asked who was elected governor of TN in 1827 and governor of Texas in 1859. That would by my 7th cousin, Mr. Sam Houston.

And my job offer has led to another offer... We have some family friends who own an alpaca ranch - the one we went to over Christmas break. Victory Ranch is in Mora, New Mexico. That's about a 6 or 7 hour drive from where my job offer is and the people at the ranch have given me an open invitation to come and stay with them anytime I'd like. I can't think of a more relaxing place to go. The people are wonderful, Victory Ranch is up in the mountains, and their alpacas are the sweetest animals. I think I'll have to take them up on that offer!