Monday, July 07, 2008

Full circle

My first Fourth of July in Minnesota involved going to Walker to watch the fireworks (they have the best I've seen - lasting 20-25 minutes). Then I went to Aya's family reunion, where I was warmly accepted. I remember it being a cool day and I was actually cold sitting by the lake in Walker. That was a HUGE factor in me wanting to move up here.

This year, my last Fourth of July in Minnesota, I did the same thing. I've tried a few fireworks shows since moving here, but Walker is still the best. And Aya's family reunion was just as welcoming.

I spent the rest of the weekend packing and hanging out with friends. I've got less than two weeks left and it's almost crunch time.

This is the last week of teaching for Upward Bound and this afternoon I'm supposed to go on a Pontoon ride... if the weather holds.