Friday, July 25, 2008

Picture time...

So dad and I went to Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park. Below you'll find a few critter pics... and of course the mountains.

A chipmunk


One of my favorite critters, a marmot:


They're kind of like beavers, but with different tails and they live in rocks.


These little guys are called pika (one of Dad's favorite). They also live in rocky areas and they're so fast it's really hard to get a good picture of them. I did my best.




The mountains...




And you can't go to Estes Park without visiting the famous Stanley Hotel (from The Shining)...


Update on the movers... my stuff didn't make it on yesterday's truck, which means... well it means: who knows when my stuff will get here.

Right now we're in Ridgeway (at a hotel) and so I have an internet connection. We're going to explore Ridgeway and Ouray tomorrow. This is my absolute FAVORITE area in Colorado... well in the U.S. (so far) I haven't been here in 11 years, so I'm excited to go exploring again. We had dinner tonight at The True Grit (inspired by the John Wayne movie which was filmed here). There was an OLD cowboy going around and singing at tables. He was quite a character and he sang us a couple of songs he wrote.

I am missing MN and my friends there. My routine and the comfort level. Colorado is familiar in some ways, because almost every vacation I took as a child was here. But not to the area I'm living in and since it's been 11 years since I've been to Colorado a lot has changed.

P.S. I'll post more pics later... after I've taken them!