Friday, October 10, 2008

It's a horse... it's a plane...

I was driving to a nearby town for dinner when the truck in front of me swerved. I looked over to see a horse... a BIG horse running along the side of the road... swerving back and forth. I'm not sure what it's doing or where it's going, so I slow down. It turns around and I realize it's a moose... a BIG moose and she's as confused as I am. Then she starts running right at me, so I slam on my breaks. Problem is, she's still headed right for me. I'm staring at her face-to-face and I'm in a Honda Element. Thankfully the van behind me slams on their breaks, tires squealing and the poor moose decides she's had enough. She gave up on crossing the road and headed back the way she came.

Needless to say I'm relieved I didn't hit the moose. I'm relieved she didn't hit me. And I'm relieved the car behind me didn't hit me.

Welcome to The Rockies.