Thursday, October 16, 2008

What've I been doing?

Helped out with the HS football game - worked at the gate in the freezing cold. BUT got to love 3 puppy dogs, visit with (and pick the mind of) a lovely experienced teacher, AND had a great view of the alpenglow as the sun set.

Today I had my first tear-jerker moment with a student. This student was struggling so much, trying so hard to understand, and I was explaining it as simply and in as many different ways as possible. Neither of us gave up and watching this student struggle was almost heart breaking. But in the end this student understood most of what I was trying to get across and they left my desk with a smile because they had finished the assignment.

Bitter sweet? I think that applies. I'm so happy at what we achieved, but it was still hard to watch the student struggle so much.

Spent an hour with the district computer guru trying to fix a dozen little problems with my lab. Fixed about two thirds... the rest will have to wait. Ahhh computers!

Still enjoying teaching. Still having fun with the kids.

Gotta make a run to Denver to buy some stuff... snow shovel, snow boots, etc.