Thursday, January 15, 2009

Book Club @ My Place

was interesting... There are a couple of people who... how can I say this... have differing opinions about... everything - which makes for some interesting conversations.

BUT - they're all nice people and I think they had a really good time (overall).

Plus, my chicken parmigiana and creme brulee were both big hits!

The book we read this last month was Whale Talk by Chris Crutcher.

We all pitched in ideas for the next book and drew it from a bowl. Next month's pick was mine - Sabriel by Garth Nix. I read this trilogy 5 years ago for a Young Adult Literature class and I've been TRYING to get somebody to read it since - so I'd have someone to discuss it with. *eyes Aya and Mom* Now I'll have 7 ladies to discuss it with! I think this'll be the 4th time I've read it. Something about it just clicks with me.

Gotta have my car at the windshield repair place (20 mins away) at 7am tomorrow morning. Then spending 45 mins to get to a 5 hour class on Podcasting (that I found out I get paid to attend, but was gonna attend anyway = sweet!).

Now... sleep.