Friday, January 09, 2009

The way things are...

I'm sorry I didn't wish everyone a "Happy New Year" - I really do hope it's going well for everyone.

I've been extremely frustrated lately because it seems like nothing is going the way I wanted/expected it to.

You know how they say bad things happen in threes?

Well nothing super terrible has happened, but 3 frustrating things are happening.

1. The president of the HOA still has to talk with one more person (a part-timer so who knows when they'll be back here) before he will write the letter to my landlords saying it's ok for me to have a dog. NOT what he told me before I left for the break. I'll go into more details later once everything has been sorted out. But this has been a source of major stress for me...

2. I've been without a furnace for 8 days, but supposedly the part will be here (and installed) on Monday. Not that I haven't heard that twice already. My landlord doesn't seem overly concerned by the fact that I'm without heat. His attitude is fairly nonchalant over the phone - though he has been bugging the heating and air conditioning repair place about when the part will get here. Also, he and his wife are discussing what they can do for next months rent as compensation for all this mess. I'm thinking $20 a day... at 11 days... $220 off the rent? (A girl can dream) I'm kind of dreading my electric bill this month... maybe I should be dreading the gas bill too... a 2 day leak... *ponder* *cringe* *sigh*

3. I'm still not healed from my fall. The bruise on the side of my leg wound up being softball size. That area is still tender, but the bruise seems to be healing. I can't walk or stand or ride in a car for very long without my hip and/or lower back starting to hurt. I'm afraid I might need to go see a doctor if it doesn't heal on its own. I don't want to face this daily pain for an extended period of time. I've talked to local people and they've recommended a certain chiropractor and a certain pt. We'll see.

I'm really looking forward to each and every one of these issues being resolved. It'll be nice to watch TV without shivering, snuggled up with a puppy dog, pain free.