Monday, June 15, 2009

Estes Park Wool Market

As I mentioned before - I did indeed survive my first year of teaching, though the last day held a surprise for me...

Picked mom up at the airport on Friday afternoon and stayed in Denver that night to help her adjust to the altitude.

Saturday morning we headed over to Estes Park to check out their Wool Market. Lots of animals - lots of pretty stuff - good time.

Sunday we went through Rocky Mountain National Park and saw elk, moose, big horn sheep, RM goats, marmots, pika...:

I've seen them several times since moving to Colorado, but this is the first chance I've had to get a picture of a Rocky Mountain Goats... too bad they were so far away:


Elk


Today we went for a drive to the closest Target and mom spotted a moose. I pulled over and as I was getting out to take picture he decided to cross the road.