Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Winding Down = Wound Up

This is the last week of school...

Yesterday I had my kids help me move all the stuff from my new classroom to a storage room. It's a huge room and was FULL of stuff - some of it pretty heavy/bulky. They worked so hard! I even had them disassemble things and move stuff around in the classroom.

I was so proud and impressed with them.

They even helped me move some stuff into my new room today.

All those energetic little people... two hands each... what they did would have taken me SO much time.

Awesome!

It worked out well because they're all done with their assignments and have a major case of Spring Fever/End of Year - itis.

Book club at my place tonight - Christopher Moore's Lamb. I'm not quite done with it, but then nobody else was either - crazy days!

On the super-cute side... one of the ladies brought her dog, Monkey (well deserved name). Monkey and Kaylee are the same size and though it took them a while to get along they love playing together now.

At one point Monkey thought she wanted to play with Sheba, but Sheba didn't want anything to do with Monkey. Sheba and Kaylee play together all the time... so maybe Kaylee was marking Sheba as her territory or maybe it was the squawk that Monkey got out of Kaylee, but Kaylee informed Monkey that she was to "stay away from that cat!"

It was cute. Kaylee was protecting Sheba.

They love each other.

/happy momma