Friday, December 18, 2009

The Last Week

Monday was ok.

Tuesday I stayed late, as usual, to help with after school tutoring... so that was a long day.

Wednesday was ROUGH and included an early morning meeting that focused on the budget for the next two year - very dismal. There's a definite chance of people losing jobs - one techie job was just cut. I'll be hoping and praying until March, when they finally tell us who/if/when. That was immediately followed by me telling a kid to "Shut up and get out of my room" because he was yelling at me... yelling... full-on, yelling... while I was trying to talk to another student. Kind of lost my temper a bit... but really? Yelling at a teacher... /sigh The rest of the school day was rough, but it picked up at Trivia. We won and celebrated afterward with a game of pool - which I won... I think my friends were being really nice to me because it was only my 3rd game of pool - ever. That was so much fun we decided to go play shuffleboard... I lost my first game ever and won my second... more proof that they were just being nice.

Thursday/yesterday had its ups and downs. The kids were reallllly ready for the break, but they hung in there for the most part. I got a newer/newish laptop from work - this is my first blog posting with it! And our staff party was last night. That was a lot of fun. I hung out with the adults for most of the night - and the White Elephant Exchange was hilarious. I went downstairs for the last hour and hung out with some of my students/teacher's kids. I rocked out on guitar and singing for Rock Band... Did so-so with Air Hockey... Got *schooled* on my 4th-ever game of pool. I sunk quite a few balls, but when it came to that elusive 8-ball... I choked... course the kids were egging me on! Ah well. It was fun and now they have a story to tell about Ms. E when we go back to school.

Today I'm about to head into Denver for yet another allergy doctor appointment and then tomorrow Kaylee and I are going back to TX to see family.

Happy Holidays to you all!