Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back in the saddle again

I missed ALL of last week due to my sinus infection and we had yesterday off for a 4-day weekend. That means I had 11 days off in a row. These days were spent sleeping, reading, and watching the Olympics.

At no point during those 11 days did I hear 200+ rowdy students.
At no point during those 11 days did I have to yell at anyone.
At no point during those 11 days did I yell at or get talked back to by anyone.

Yes, I was sick and miserable and in pain... but the up-side presents itself.

Today was a rough day back. I really don't like being gone - for oh-so many reasons...
1. I'm a neat freak and I have a place for everything, but when I'm gone things out of order so I have to re-order and hunt for stuff.
2. The kids tend to "forget" the rules.
3. I have no idea where any of my students are on their assignments.

And of course the longer I am gone the worse these things get.

Add to that a 4-day weekend where kids slept very little and were not ready to come back to school...

Add the fact that I had after school tutoring today - full of kids who cause trouble in class and don't get their work done when they're supposed to...

And... yeah... it was a long first day back.

But I survived it and we only have 2 more days of this week!

And I should also add that I did receive a warm welcome back from many of my students "Ms. E! You're alive! You're back!? Are you better?"

So it wasn't all bad.

I'm just tired.