Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears!

Oh my!

I've volunteered to help out our 1st-year music teacher who has taken on the ENORMOUS task of producing/directing a musical for our school. We don't have a drama department, but apparently there was enough interest amongst the kids. She has 20 kids for the production of The Wizard of Oz and she was all alone. I told her I'd be happy to help out - I always love music and theater when I was in school. It means staying until 6pm on Mondays for the next couple of months, but it will be better for her and the kids.

In other news... There were two sitings of a mountain lion in my neighborhood at the end of last week. One was about a half a mile down the street. Kaylee is on a VERY short leash. Poor baby, she loves to run!

We won the third round of trivia, but lost overall. And I learned that a group of tigers is called a streak or an ambush. Who knew? Not us.

Hmm... I got nothing for bears... oh wait, there's an adorable German Shepherd mix at the pound that needs a home... his name is Bear!

Ha!

Take that L. Frank Baum!