Tuesday, May 18, 2004

I made it.
I walked across the stage without tripping and I shook the proper hands... I have officially "walked" in a college graduation ceremony. Now all that's left to get my diploma is to complete my student teaching - in NEW ZEALAND!
Woot! Woot!
I am settling into Aya's mom's house and enjoying the beautiful MN Spring. It sure beats TX!
I think my parents enjoyed their trip up north, except for mom getting so so sick :( She's decided to come back up in July though to help me move home. I'll get to show her all sorts of good stuff then!
I already miss my friends. The reality of leaving is settling in and bringing with it a pang of sadness. I know now why I focussed so much on having my parents come up. That gave me something to think about other than leaving so many people I care for. I made it through dorm check-outs, graduation, sick mother, graduation party, moving, and all sorts of other stresses and now... now I have nothing to do. I don't start work for another two weeks. I'm mostly settled into my new place (for only a month and a half) and I really don't have anything pressing. It's odd, but I long for something to do. It would keep my mind off of people and changing situations.
Don't get me wrong, I'm INCREDIBLY excited about going to NZ, it just seems a ways off and I'm so nervous about it. Anxious and nervous. Sad and happy. Yeesh. Throw almost every emotion possible into a pot and I've experienced it at some point during the past week.
Lots of changes in store.
Ok now I'm just rambling. I'm going to go clean house or take a walk or something. Enjoy this BEAUTIFUL Tuesday!