Monday, September 27, 2004

Faking it

I've gotten really good at faking it.
I've adapted the "Don't mess with me kid" - teacher look I've been working on for the classroom – for roaming the streets of Sydney. It seems to work pretty well. Nobody has bothered me yet - except for the Red Cross guy wanting me to donate blood.
I've spent the last couple of days walking around down-town Sydney - amaaaazing the things you see. For example, there is a fettish shop right around the corner from my hotel and next to that is the gay-male strip club. These are things you wouldn't necessarily find in my home town... at least I don't think you would. I’ve certainly never seen them. You need to go into Dallas or Ft. Worth I think.
Sydney is probably a very typical Big City. Though I must admit my encounters with BIG Cities has been limited – much by choice. I was in New York for a week, but I was with my high school, so everywhere we went we were somewhat sheltered.
But yeah, see lots of interesting things here. Keeps me entertained, that’s for sure.

On Sunday evening I saw The Lion King and it was awesome! I love the way they made the puppets become part of the actors. Truly amazing. And the music... /happy sigh
Even had a guy from the new Star Wars movies; JAY LAGA'AIA (Captain Typho) who plays Mufasa. Who knew he could sing? :)

I had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe today.

Other than that I’ve been taking it easy, sleeping in, enjoying not having to do anything. Being able to decide what to do as I go – VERY unlike me. I must admit.... I broke down today and made a list.
/hangs head in shame
I had to do it! I had absolutely no drive to do anything and there are several things here I’d like to do; Aquarium, Opera House, Tower (like Space Needle), Harbour Cruise – Day and Night. That’s the extent of my list... and I have three and a half days to do it in.... soooo... Time to get busy again!