Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Trains, Buses, Koalas, and Kangaroos - Oh My!

Yesterday I took a train ride up a mountain to the town of Kuranda - very touristy place. I went to an aviary and then hopped on a bus which took me to a rainforest area. I petted a Kangaroo, CUTENESS! Through a Boomerang. Had an introduction into Aboriginal culture; didgeredoo, spear throwing, dance, etc. Took a sky-rail back down the mountain. Had dinner at an Indian restraunt where I met a guy from Wyoming and his Aussie wife & their adorable 2 1/2 year old son.

Found out this morning I have a new baby cousin! Marshall Thomas! Woot woot! Can't wait to see pictures!

Today I'm going to hang out at the beach. Tomorrow is another reef cruise to Green Island - they have sea turtles! Really hope I see some :) Friday morning I have a hot-air balloon ride and then I fly back to Sydney on Friday evening.