Wednesday, September 29, 2004

More than I expected

Yesterday I hopped on a bus to Circular Quay and took a ferry around the harbour - it was a little cloudy, so the pictures aren't the best, but it was very interesting and quite enjoyable. I then walked over to the aquarium, where I took lots of pictures - to be found on My Photo Blog. After the aquarium I wandered around the harbour area and then walked up to the Sydney Tower where I did the Sky Tour - an amusement park - like ride that tells you all about Australia - and then I took the ride up to the top (almost) of the tower. Awesome view of Sydney. I then had dinner in the restraunt which goes around and around and around... that was a new one - dinner in the clouds. Literally.
Today I walked around a bit, did a few errands, then headed down to the Opera House. I got tickets for Twelfth Night, which I just got back from. Loved it. They had the actors in modern clothing - with a few other modern changes, but it was pretty true to Shakespeare. And! I didn't know this but Jonathan Hardy, the voice of Rygel from Farscape - mom and I had JUST had a discussion about Farscape! Irony! Was an awesome play - and then... I wound up hopping a bus with one of the lead actors. Uhm who knew actors took buses? *boggle* I kept it on the dl though ;) But it was cool to have a brush with stardom :)
I also have tickets for an opera tomorrow night - The Barber of Seville, an Italian Opera - and I got front row seats!
And now... to bed and to rest - for another days adventures - before I return to New Zealand.