Monday, October 18, 2004

Update 3.1

I survived my first two weeks of official sole charge. I've completed that portion of my requirements. I'm doing an additional three days this week - one down two to go.

I am SO excited about this weekend. I'm going down to Kaikoura on a whale watching boat - I realllllly hope I get to see some whales. This is something I've wanted to do since I can remember - see a whale and/or dolphin in its natural habitat. How awesome it must be!
I'll take the ferry down Thursday night, a 3 hour trip through the Marlborough Sounds down to the South Island. Haven't been to the South Island yet. That'll be another first!

We're taking the year 7's and 8's (7 and 8 grade) over to a local mountain range for a big tramp - hike. 4 teachers, 1 student teacher, a handfull of parents, and over a 100 kids - It should be interesting.