Monday, July 18, 2005

Funnier than the first

In all the excitement of the new HP book I forgot to mention what I did Friday evening...

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

I remember watching the original Willy Wonka, Gene Wilder. I enjoyed the movie, especially as a young child, and dreaming such a beautiful magical place existed somewhere in the world.
However, I also remember the darkness of the film, which for some reason became more apparent to me as I grew up.

This new Wonka seemed a bit lighter... definitely funnier... I was a little surprised actually. I really wanted to see this movie and I either love or hate Johnny Depp's movies (more love than hate), but I wasn't really sure if I'd like it. Tim Burton is a bit of a hit and miss for me. However, I was really quite pleased with the remake.

Also.. for fans of the show Lost I found this article which tells you how to find a teaser trailer for next season of lost. There's not much to the trailer (heavy emphasis on teaser), but if you follow the directions you can see it. Mostly I just wanted to know if it worked.... seemed a bit far-fetched to me, but it does work and the website for Oceanic Airlines is cool. Neat way to hide a trailer.