Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Remind me not to do that again

Semi-miserable 4th this year.
Instead of going to our usual town to see their beautiful fireworks display... we were talked into going to somebody's cabin - accross the lake.
Unfortunately, it was on the opposite side of the lake - far away = very tiny fireworks. Plus, being by the lake = zillions of skeeters = 4 layers of Off..... yeah... The nasty little buggers ate me alive. I finally gave up and just kept the spray bottle next to me and sprayed around myself every 5-10 minutes. Add in the rain and cold... plus the very drunk people who kept throwing fireworks into the fire we were all sitting next to.... It was mostly miserable.
I left after the third batch of fireworks being thrown into the fire I was sitting 3 feet from.

Oh well. Valuable lesson learned.