Monday, February 27, 2006

5:57am....

5 comes in the am?
huh
Who knew?
Ah the price of stress and worry. :P

Last night (if you could even call it that at 5am) bowling went well. Set a new high record for myself. I was the last to bowl and managed to win us one game by 2 points and another game by 1 point.
After bowling we went to Applebee's to meet up with some more friends because R is up. We had just sat down when my mom called. She was hesitant to tell me the news about my grandmother - which we all know never bodes well. So, I got up and went to the restroom. I had just made it through the door when she told me the news: heart failure. If they tried to do surgery she wouldn't survive. All they can do is treat her with medication to make her comfortable. I asked her if the dr. gave a time frame and the response was - nobody knows, it could be tomorrow or 6 months.

I didn't ask if 6 months was the maximum... yeesh it's like asking how long that yoghurt in your fridge will last.

/sigh

I started looking at plane tickets to come home at Spring Break and they're up in the 600's if I want to fly from here.
Gah!

/sigh

In other news:

My laptop is stil wonky. As long as it is turned on it's ok (if a still slower than I'd like). However, when I turn it off or restart it I still have to go through a "special procedure" of pushing secret buttons in a particular order. It's like having a really technical password :P

As for my iPod - it is reset and good as new, with all my music now uploaded.

On the only other positive not I could wrangle up - I know I've been THERE.