Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Mystery solved....

So I have this memory of watching an anime movie with a unicorn and a little girl who wishes she was a cat. They're by a cottage and/or a stream..... And the unicorn gets whisked away at some point. Random memory huh? It's been bugging me for years. It's something I watched at my after-school daycare one day when I was maybe 5 or 6? I think I was really into the movie and my parents picked me up early that day... It's bugged me for years. I had hunted on the internet for it and found nothing.

Yesterday I was chatting with Jer on MSN and we were talking about childhood tv shows and movies and I asked him if he had ever seen this movie. He didn't think he had but he started hunting too and found this: Unico.

And that's it!
That's the movie that has haunted me for 20+ years!
Awesomeness!

I also found it on Wikipedia: Unico

So as a birthday present to myself I ordered a copy (VHS) from Amazon.com!
Woot Jer! I hope it's as good as I remember... it'd suxor to be disappointed after 20+ years. But at least this time I'll get to see the ending!