Tuesday, January 22, 2008

5 1/2 Weeks

Wowsers.

I can't believe I just spent 5.5 weeks in Texas.

Got back to Minnesota on Saturday and was greeted with -20 degree weather. Even when I've been living here and have been acclimated (as acclimated as you can get to that cold of weather) I find that a bit too cold. To go from 40-79 degree weather to -20 = BRRRRRRRRRR!

Had a great trip home, filled with family, friends and fun. I was sorry to leave, but eager to return to my life up here. It's and odd contradiction... but I feel what I feel.

Sheba (kitty) was SO happy to get back to HER home (my apt). She had a bad attitude for most of the time we were in Texas. As soon as I let her out of her carrier (in the apt) she was running around, rubbing her face against everything and squawking happily. I guess it didn't smell like her anymore. She's been super-snuggly and purrs constantly. What can I Say? She's Adorable.

I've got to get moving on my paper. I brought everything to Texas with me, planning on working 4 hours a day, but my time was filled with other pursuits. So now I must live and breath my paper.