Tuesday, January 29, 2008

All about the paper...

Ok... so this bit isn't about the paper...

It was around -30 this morning. Right now it's -13 (actual temperature) with a wind chill of -41. WAY too cold for me. Yes, that's right. Such a thing as "Too cold for Aspen" does exist... it starts around -20.

This bit isn't about the paper either, but it is very important...
One of my friends who had a baby in early December stopped by my office today with baby in tow. Cuteness! First time I've seen him.

Now... to the paper...
I've been working diligently on my paper. I really have. Go me!
/pats self on back

I changed advisers for my Research Paper. My previous adviser is retiring at the end of this semester and wanted all her advisees to defend their papers by April 15th. I'm not sure if I will be done by then (my goal is April 30th) and I'm afraid I'd rush too much and be unhappy with my results. Besides, she has something like 50 advisees, 27 of who are doing graduate papers. We both agreed it would be best - for both of us.

My new adviser is actually my old (Undergrad) adviser, so I know we work well together. Plus, she found a sample proposal for me to look at.

My next paper-related goal is to have my adviser look at my proposal early next week. It needs to be approved and I need to get all of my committee members to sign my "Form 3" - saying my proposal is ok and that they WILL be on my committee.

Once that is done the Graduate Office can continue processing my request for graduation.

Eeeee!

I still need to do a Written Exam, but I'm not even thinking about that until after my Research Paper is done. I've GOT to get the dreaded paper over and done with!

Most importantly, I feel good about my paper. I'm actually working on it - constantly and I'm getting stuff done. I know I will finish it. I couldn't have said that 2 weeks ago.