Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Taos 2008

Wonderful trip!

Finally got to meet the people at the Alpaca ranch (friends of my parents). I took lots of pictures of Alpacas (they have around 170). They're so sweet and gentle (totally opposite of llamas and camels). They rarely spit and they're so much smaller. They have a few babies which are ADORABLE. I got to help out on Sunday morning; feeding the alpacas, driving the hay truck, holding one while it got a shot, leading a blind one to its food and water.





This one is named Mr. T, because of the white markings on his face.


They also have 6 Great Pyrenees to protect their alpacas from coyotes and wolves. You can hear them barking in the night, but it's actually kind of soothing. Don't ask me which one this is, they all kind of look the same = BIG and WHITE. You can't go anywhere on their property without having at least one of them following you.


They have about 6 or 7 horses and a pony, but I didn't get pictures of them.

And of course I have to have at least one mountain picture...


The lady we stayed with had the cutest cat. His ear has a bit missing and one fang is longer than the other, but such a character. LOVABLE! He slept on the hide-a-bed with me and whenever I was in the house he was snuggled up to me. His name is Brutus.


I had a blast and I didn't want to leave. I hope I can go back and visit them soon.

Also went to several stores in Taos, including 2 pottery stores. My dad bought me a piece from a local artist (who we got to talk to).