Tuesday, February 15, 2005

If life were a musical...

How much fun would that be?!

I've heard we feel differently when we hear things in the form of music.
Music touches us in a way words cannot.
Granted I don't want people to burst into flame from prolonged singing and dancing, but how much fun would it be if we just occasionally busted out with a little ditty?

Besides... If life were a musical I wouldn't feel so odd when I whip out lines from songs. I'll say something like, "I was blinded by the light..." then I feel compelled to continue with, "Revved up like a duece another runner in the night..." or when someone says, "Different strokes for different folks..." I wait for them to finish with, "And so on and so on and Scooby Dooby Doo..."

And music can reflect occurances in our lives (some may need a bit of tweaking) but for example:
"He was born in the summer of his 27th year
coming home to a place he'd never been before
he left yesterday behind him
you might say he was born again
you might say he found a key for every door ...
now he walks in quiet solitude
with the forests and the streams
seeking grace in every step he takes ...
now his life is full of wonder
but his heart still knows some fear
of a simple thing he cannot comprehend ..."

If my life were a musical I'd want John Denver to write all my songs.