Friday, June 17, 2005

Ocean front property...

hot + dry + dirt = Arizona

As I said before, found an apt for my friend, took her by the school, district offices, and the state capitol to do all her paperwork. Figured out the best/easiest route to her school, apt, grocery store, district offices, etc.
So much driving... and lots of traffic... = stress. I really, really hate driving in city traffic.

That said, I'm leaving around 4pm to take a friend to the Twin Cities. Aya's coming too and we're going to stay in a hotel tonight, then I'll take my friend to the airport at 5am tomorrow. Maybe come back to the hotel to sleep for another hour or two and then Aya and I will go check out the Mall of America (never been) and IKEA (never been but everyone tells me how great they are).

Looking forward to the rest of the summer. The only pressing thing I have to do is sort through my storage locker and box things up in the new, soon to be labeled, bins I bought. I'm hoping they'll help keep me organized with all the moving I do (2-4 times a year).

Finished book 3, starting on book 4...


I'm taking my time and enjoying these books. I first read this series last summer. I read 1-4 in two weeks to prepare for the 5th one. I don't know what I find so appealing about them...
-they're easy to read
-they have humor (at least the first 3 - they're getting darker)
-it's magic-fantasy-type and I love fantasy - and I love the way she mixes real life into her own world
-the movies are good and follow the books fairly closely
-great characters
In any case, I think this will be an on-going tradition, even after there are no more new books to prepare for.
My summer vacation and Harry Potter.