Monday, April 24, 2006

Dagnabbit... *bleeping* real world...

*sigh*

So I've managed to have two on-campus jobs for the last 3 years - this has allowed me to take lengthy-3-week trips home at Christmas and during the summer.

Unfortunately, since BSU has decided I can no longer hold 2 on-campus jobs... and I'm sick of living in the dorms.... I have to find a new place to live - that I can afford. I've crunched the numbers every-which-way and the ONLY way I can afford to move off campus is to get a second job - a second, off-campus job. This means no more three-week-trips home during the holidays.
/sigh
This makes me sad.

Plus, where will I find a job in this town? A PART-TIME job...
/ponder

If I can find a job that pays $8 per hour *snort* I would only have to work about 15 hours per week (in addition to the 15 I already work as a GA)... 30 hours of work per week plus a full-time graduate level load... I could do that.

Bah.
It was bound to catch up to me sometime.
I've been quite lucky so far.

So... anyone know of a nice place to live that's rather on the cheap side?
Or... do you know of any jobs that hire for about 15 hours a week?

Ideas people! I need your input!
=0)