Saturday, April 08, 2006

Festival of Nations 2006

Fun. As always.
Saw lots of people I knew... Sampled some good food...
Helped out a bit - serving food and such.
Even got something I've wanted for a long time (two somethings) - Henna Tattoos! I would never get the real thing, but these are fun and pretty and only last a week or so. Oh, and no needles ;)
The first one I got was a turtle on my left arm:

It goes on in a gel-like form that's cool and kind of tickles. Then it dries and gets crusty:


I only left the turtle on for a couple hours - so it's not as dark and won't last as long. The hand one I left on for 5 hours or so and it should last for quite a while :)


Earlier in the day was a joing wedding shower - for two friends who are getting married in June, one June 3rd and the other June 10th.

I finished my RA self eval and peer evals today. Otherwise I didn't get any "work" done. But that's ok. I needed a day off!