Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Back in the lab

Yep.

Back to the daily grind - not really though. I mean I am back, but it's hardly a "grind."

I forgot to mention that I got a free PotC poster when at the movie - that was cool. But I really need to go and see it again - when I'm not exhausted... to see if it really is disappointing or if it was just me.

It feels good to be back in the lab. Comfortable. As much as I gripe about how boring it is when I'm stuck here for 8 hours straight - it is sort of a home away from home. *shrug* Go figure.

I'm not talking about my grandmother. I'm trying not to think about it either. It's hard though. I've had several people asking what happened - why I was out - etc... and offering their condolences. And there was a beautiful Red-White-And-Blue Chrysanthemum (coinky-dink it's my birth flower) and a lovely card on my desk when I came in this afternoon. - From the Ed Dept. Very kind of them. I'll try to post pictures - if I don't kill it first! (I read the care directions 3 times)

Major congrats to Jessie & V on their AWESOME new car. They chose wisely ;)
Jessie - I think you'll find that when you pass other Ellies the people in them may wave at you - or at least have a big smile for you. Not always, but more times than not. We're like a community of sorts - like people who drive old (original) VW's.