Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Summer Shows...

Kyle XY - Synopsis: Teenage boy, Kyle (Matt Dallas) walks out of the woods with no idea who he is, where he came from, how to speak... etc... Learns to talk in a day, finds a home with a Psychiatrist and her family. Show is about his exploration of the world around him, people, himself... and a back-story is emerging about his identity - including a murder he may have witnessed.

The 4400 - I had avoided getting into another show (until now) so I only got into this one over the summer - watching the re-run marathon. Interesting idea. Good characters. But this season has been lacking for me. Plus they killed off a very likeable character and have added one that I don't like. *shrug* I keep recording it (since I am in the dorms Sunday night) and will see if it improves.
Synopsis: Basically 4400 people who have disappeared over time are altered and returned with special powers. They were apparently taken by people of the future who are using them to right future wrongs - make a positive impact on the world. And of course there's the government and private agencies interfering in everything.

Dead Like Me - I didn't really have much interest in this show until I saw a preview with Mandy Patinkin and my curiosity bone was tickled.... Remember the movie: The Princess Bride - Mandy was "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die." And aside from some commercials I hadn't seen him in anything for quite a while. So... I gave this show a go last night. Was happy to see Callum Blue of The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement. Cute Brit. The show wasn't so bad actually. I'll be tuning in again to see what happens to this girl.
Synopsis: College dropout girl who doesn't get along with her mom - dies when a toilet seat from a Russian space station crashes to earth. Talk about freak deaths. Now she is a Grim Reaper, she gets her assignments via Mandy's character - on post-it notes. Odd, but interesting enough for a second go.

Eureka - Synopsis: U.S. Marshall and rebel daughter stumble onto a town of genius kids, adults... all experimenting and developing and stuff. Town sheriff injured - he recommends the Marshall to take his place.
The first episode was last night - and it would have made a good mini-movie. I'm not sure if this one will be fascinating enough to keep it going. Time will tell.

Psych - Synopsis: Very observant guy, photographic memory... Pretends to be a psychic so the Police Department will let him help with an investigation. He opens up his own detective agency and drags his buddy with him. Main character has problems with his father - but they seem to be working through them as the show progresses - father is finally getting through to his son... etc. I've chuckled off and on.

Stargate: SG1 - /sigh... No more Jack O'Neal.... The show is starting its 10th season and I've followed from the beginning - originally because of RDA. But... I dunno. I find it interesting that they have now added both Ben Browder and Claudia Black from Farscape. I watched Farscape for the first couple of seasons until it got too weird for me - and then I saw the end where they killed the two main characters and I was pissed. Any who - Back to Stargate.... I do like the chemistry between Black and Browder, but surprising better than that is the chemistry between Black and Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson). I'll keep watching cuz I always have and I'm not about to abandon it now. They're going in a semi-different direction and I'm curious as to where they'll end up. Plus I'm devoted to the characters :)

Stargate: Atlantis - Beginning it's 3rd season. Uhm... well... Not as good as the original. However, despite his being so much like Jack O'Neal's character, I do find myself chuckling at Joe Flanigan's Lt. Col. John Sheppard. Plus he has elf-ears which cracks me up (they're cute... really). I keep watching it because it is on after Stargate: SG1.

And I've just realized I spend 7 hours in the last week watching these shows.
But considering that's about the only TV I watch... I guess 7 hours a week isn't that bad. Occasionally I watch movies of my own, but usually I am working, reading a book, cleaning, packing/unpacking for weekends at the dorm, sleeping, doing homework, posting for online class... etc... So really, it's not THAT bad... Right?