Monday, October 16, 2006

Catching Up is Hard to Do

For some reason I haven't been in the blogging mood for the last week or so.
I know that's very uncharacteristic of me, but oh well!

So..

Taos was loads of fun.
Got to hang out with the 'rents and see some people I hadn't seen in a while.
Got some great fiber (mostly spun alread - which means lots of crochet and knitting). A friend taught me how to reverse-knit (instead of pearling) and I'm giving that a go. I could always knit pretty well, just never got the hang of pearling. So I'm very slowly working on a simple scarf, just to make myself remember how to reverse-knit. There are so many neat things you can do with knitting, and I just want to learn it because it's a challenge, because I can spin and crochet and I can't knit..... er pearl.... well you get the idea :)

Mom and Dad gave me a couple of skeins of their hand-painted alpaca when I was down there *DROOL* and I made a scarf out of it - SUPER fast, took only one day.


And yes, it's a holy scarf ;) But alpaca is surprisingly warm. Plus I made it really long, like to my knees almost :)


I took a couple of pictures on Oct. 11, 2006 - our first snow. My car in the morning:


And the foggy lake on the walk to work:


So.... Bowling last night was an adventure. First game I scored 2 points above my highest score and the last two games I scored below my average. BAH! Was fun anyway - which is the point of all this - though I have to remind myself sometimes.

Lots of homework to do today - time to get on with it.