Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Taos, NM - Wool Festival 2006

I didn't take very many photographs this trip. It was cold and rainy most of the time and I was really busy.

Here's what I did photograph:

A friend of my family has a friend who has this house, where we stayed during this trip:


A neighbor of this house had this gorgeous fence... with an even better view beyond it, the mountains (hiding in the clouds):


My parent's booth - left side: Naturally dyed yarns (the shawl is made from all naturally dyed yarns) and Hand Painted yarn (wool and alpaca):


My parent's booth - right side: Hand Painted roving (you spin this to make yarn):


Waiting to board my plane, leaving Albuquerque, NM airport:


After a 4-hour layover in the cities, sitting in the plane that brought me home:


I met/saw LOADS of doggies! Including:
*2 Chinese Cresteds.
*2 Airedales (one lovely girl named Bear).
*1 Belgium Tervuren - My first! Gorgeous girl named Holly!
*1 Belgium Groenendael - Like our Kodi, but bigger!
*1 Newfoundland - named Kate.
*1 Huge Husky mix - named Trout.
*1 Beagle
*1 Belgium Malinois at the Albuquerque Airport on the way home (We used to have one of those).
And many, many, many more!

Now that I've met a Tervuren I just need to meet a Laekenois.... but they're extremely rare and I don't think there are many at all in the United States. But they're really pretty - I saw one on TV once (dog show).

More to come... :)