Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Oh honestly...

I didn't sleep very well last night.... that usual pre-trip list of things-to-do beating around in my head.

I drug myself out of bed this morning, got dressed, made coffee, grabbed up my stuff (including spinning stuff for a demo later today), drove to work and as I was loading me and all my stuff into the elevator, pulling my work keys out of my pocket.... *tink tink clank clank tink*... yes.... that little crack between the floor of the building and the floor of the elevator... my key-chain came apart and all of my keys scattered to the floor and I lost two keys to the bottomless pit. These are my work keys mind you... they belong to BSU.

I went and told our Department Secretary and she made the call to get a maintenance guy come to fish them out for me. About 20 minutes later I got a call from the office saying they had my keys and when I went down to get them she handed me an entire set of keys (about 10 - personal and work).

"Uhm... Those aren't my keys..."

The baffled secretary took a moment to process this and we both burst into laughter. Apparently the guy was still looking down there (I think a separate guy had taken they keys from him and brought them up to the office) and the guy that did the fishing brought up my two keys a few minutes later.

Thank goodness.

Ah well.... I felt better that I wasn't the only person it had happened too, but yeah... I still couldn't believe the timing.