Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A couple of weeks ago...

I was sitting on my couch, spinning on a drop-spindle when I got a call from Aya.
"You should go down to such-and-such I was just there and they had a stack of records for sale and the one on top was a John Denver one."

"OOooooooOooH reaaaallllly!?!?" (that was me by the way)

So I put away my spinning and headed to such-and-such where (thanks to Aya's marvellous directions) I found exactly what I was looking for.
Good news: It was his Greatest Hits album - the one I'd been looking for!
Bad news: It had a MASSIVE gouge (not a scratch, a gouge) all through one side.

Color me bummed :(

So I went to the desk and asked if they had any more records about and the lady showed me to a booth.

I sifted through it picking out some awesome records - INCLUDING: One FREAKING brand new John Denver's Greatest Hits! Can you believe it? Awesomeness!

I also bought a double Four Seasons album and Marty Robbins album... I brought the purchases up to the counter and the two ladies behind the counter were like....
"Woah.... You have great taste in music. You're too young to have such good taste in music!"

To which I grinned and replied: "Well blame my parents. This is the music they raised me on."

Then I called my Mom to thank her for sharing her excellent taste in music ;)