Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Unexpected Road Trip

I got a phone call from my aunt last Thursday. She said she was coming up to Minneapolis for the national Eastern Star Conference/Get-together and she just wanted to let me know that she'd be in the same state as me for a week. I got all excited and asked her what her schedule was like - she said she had the weekend open but all this week was booked. So..... I decided to hop in my box and drive the 4 hours down to the twin cities to see her!

I left on Saturday morning and got there at 2:30pm. She was in a tour that didn't finish until 4pm - so I kept myself entertained at the Mall of America. I then met up with her and her 3 travel-companions in their hotel. We drove around Minneapolis for a while (I don't know the area any better than they do - but I did manage to find a Best Buy and to show them the MOA - without getting lost!). We had dinner at an Outback Steakhouse *drool*! And I dropped them back off at their hotel around 11pm.

Sunday morning I went to an Eastern Star service (church and some other stuff) with my Aunt and then we met up with the other ladies and walked around downtown MSP. I got to chat with three lovely Scotish women who told me I absolutely HAD to come to Scotland... uhm yeah... DUH! hehehe I told them I WOULD be there - hopefully sooner rather than later.

I had to leave around 4:30pm on Sunday, but it was totally worth the 24 hours! And I didn't have to drive back alone because my friend D was coming back from the cities and he rode back with me (instead of his other possible ride). So yay!

Fun weekend with my aunt and her friends = WOOT!