Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Hello to Lynda in Australia!

I'm very happy you found my site!

My family has had some sort of Belgium for most of my life. When I was about 6 or 7 we had a Belgium Malinois who (unfortunately) went a little nutty and we had to find him a new home. Very sad :(

After him we got a Belgium Groenendael named Bear. We had Bear for 14 years and it took my parents years and years to get over losing him. In 2003 they started looking for a new puppy and were able to find Bear's breeder again. They got a new puppy named Kodiak (Kodi for short) in 2004. He's adorable and hyper and loveable and always has a silly grin on his face! When I'm back in Texas visiting my family I spoil him thoroughly!

I was hunting for a picture of him and discovered I don't have any good ones! I shall remedy this at Christmas, but for the time being here is a picture I took with my cell phone:


I can't have a dog where I live now, but one day I will! And I would like a Belgium of some sort.... Groenendael, Tervueren or Laekenois...

I met my first Tervueren a couple of weeks ago, a beautiful girl named Holly. Now I just need to meet a Laekenois and I'll have seen one of each! The Laekenois intrigue me... they seem to come in different shades of creams and some have more dark markings than others? And the short wire-y hair... Yes! I must meet a Laekenois!

All three of our Belgiums have been people-lovers... I wonder if that is common in all four of the breed types? I know that having two Groenendaels has spoiled our family. I don't think my parents will ever change breeds again.

Anyway... I love your site! I get this big grin on my face looking at all your beautiful dogs. I loved the two weeks I spent in your country back in 2004 and if I'm every back your way I might even come and say HELLO in person!

Oh... and out of curiousity where/why/how did you pick the name Aspen for your Tervueren?