Monday, July 02, 2007

Movies, Carnivals, Weddings, Work and the Fourth

Last Wednesday Aya, D, his friend and I went to see Live Free or Die Hard – Aya LOVES... love love love love LOVES - Bruce Willis and all the Die Hard movies. This was no exception. I kept hearing giddy-giggles and gasps to my left as we watched the movie. It was a good movie, but Aya was almost more entertaining...

Friday night Aya, D and I went to the carnival by the lake. It was the first time (in the 6 years I’ve lived here) that I have been to the carnival. I bought a funnel cake (nummy) and threw some darts at balloons and won a stuffed dog.

Saturday (as I previously mentioned) was Chris & Ashley’s wedding. I videotaped – though there were some technical difficulties. I got to see quite a few people I hadn’t seen in a long time = Yay! At the dinner/dance I danced myself silly – after being drug out the first time. I then drug Aya and D out and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. It was so much fun… and I don’t dance… ever… I think I danced more in those 5 hours than I have in my entire life all combined… I only sat out 6 songs or so… My feet hurt yesterday, but it was SO worth it! I think I should dance more... maybe I should practice in the privacy of my own apt though... kitty won't laugh at me... at least not to my face... and thankfully none of my friends laughed at me - to my face - at the wedding. But yeah... I should definitely practice for Aya's wedding.

Today was back to work – starting out with a meeting – then teaching ASL. Those kids were CRAZY hyper! We have class today and tomorrow and then they’re off for the Fourth. I’m sure it doesn’t help that next week is their last week of class. I’m taking Weds-Friday off this week – from all my assorted jobs. And of course I have Saturday off, but then I work for Concordia on Sunday. I’m not sure what I’ll do with 4 days off… love my kitty… watch TV… relax... hang out with Aya and D... finish reading Slaughterhouse-Five (which came highly recommended by a couple of people)... I so look forward to having time off... but then I never know what to do with myself... /sigh... vicious-vicious cycle.