Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Word of the Day : Palindrome

Thought of the Day: Ugh

PictureS of the Day: Mmm Mmm Good & Hi there!

War journal is going well. I've been printing out Images of War from msnbc.com which they update daily. That's how I've been starting out my days.... It makes you stop and think about everything. When I'm looking at the pictures of people suffering and children bleeding and articles about missing and killed loved-ones, among other war attrocities, I tend to stress less about when I'll get my homework done or how I'm doing in my classes. I have managed to push the war and other current issues out of my concious mind in order to go one with my day-to-day activities. If I weren't able to do this I do not know how I would be able to function in my daily routine. It's a matter of survival, self-preservation really. This does not mean that I have forgotten about what is going on in the world. I find myself drifting to thoughts of the images I saw earlier in the morning and I take a moment to say a little prayer and move on with what I must do. But I have not forgotten.