Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Hmm... having some problems with font colors and size. Gonna need Aya's help I think.

I've had an intersting day. My class spent half an hour walking around blind-folded. I had to guide this guy around and then he guided me around. We both managed to keep each other from banging into anything. It was a scary experience at first, very disorienting. I'm glad I knew the building really well already, still there are a bunch of little things you don't notice normally, like slight slopes and exactly how many steps here or there, just how low the water fountains are, etc. You have to really trust the person who is guiding you. After that we headed over to the gym where there is a big indoor track with several basketball courts inside it, one was sectioned off for us. In there we played wheel-chair basketball. Keep in mind I'm a horrible basketball player when I'm standing. It was pretty fun, I only got hit in the head with the ball twice, dropped it more than that... made no goals. I was only out there for about 15-20 mins and my right hand was developing blisters. I had to sit out the rest of the time and gave someone else a turn. My poor palm... It was fun though. Both activities were fun and informative.

Word of the Day: Aggrandize