Sunday, July 20, 2003

Working on a new look for my blog, obviously. Having a bit of trouble with the blogouts not showing up and the blogger site doesn't want to link to my pictures from geocities. Aya said she'd host them for me, so just need to get them transferred to her server and change my links.
I got tired of purple, can you believe it?!

On Thursay, just after I posted, I received an email saying I had been officially accepted to the overseas student teaching program. Later that afternoon I got another email saying I was accepted to go to New Zealand! I was so beside myself it was all I could do to keep from jumping up and down like a giddy child. I found out just before I had to give a workshop on how to make a website, so I had to keep my cool, but as soon as I was out of there I called my parents and told Aya. Everyone I've told has been so happy for me and supportive. It's a wonderful feeling. Even people who I don't know very well are happy for me. Then there's the people that do know me who knew something was up right away: I walked into Aya's house and her mom's like "Ok, what's the good news?" I was like "Huh? How do you know there's good news?" "Because you've got a huge smile." hehehe ok ok... so I had a permagrin, can you blame me? ;)

I'M GOING TO NEW ZEALAND!!!!

*grin*
SO much to do: passport, plane tickets, find out exactly where in NZ I'll be placed and contact them, memorize some basic NZ geography, start collecting a teacher wardrobe, and more...
Luckily I found this awesome site: Pure NZ.com where you can plan trips and it has tons of info and pictures!
It's now been three days since I found out and I'm still so excited it's hard to sit still. I told poor Aya to just ignore me when I burst out with the random "Wow!" as I do when it strikes me again that I get to go.

Went to see Johnny English on Friday, and well none of us (4) was that impressed. It was too slow and too long in between jokes. I've never been an enorous fan of Bean but Aya is, and even she didn't like the movie.

Word of the Day: Beatific