Monday, July 07, 2003

A lot has been happening this summer, no wonder it's flying by.

Our friend from Texas is up and we've been running around showing him things. We went to a fireworks show Friday night and a big 4th of July Party on Saturday. Sunday we went four-wheeling and to the State Park. In between these things we've been playing lots of board games and cards: Uno, Gin, Scrabble, Risk, Clue, Trivial Pursuit, etc. I've been loosing as usual... though I did win at Trivial Pursuit *cough* and we only played one game of that ;) We've also been to see Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle and Terminator 3 and we rented Just Married and The Recruit.

My poor parents are being stressed to the max. My dad's father is in a physical rehabilitation center, trying to get him to where he can walk again. My mom has been taking her parents around town to different assisted living places, trying to find some place that will satisfy them both. They're really picky and as expensive as those places are they really can't afford to be. Our friend who had cancer had surgery but still hasn't come back to work, he works for my parents, which means they are short-handed on top of everything else. I called my mom this morning and she sounded super-stressed.

On the up-side I get to go home in just three weeks. I know they're looking forward to seeing me and I can't wait to get the stuffings hugged out of me.

I can't belive I only have three weeks left in this class. I just started this morning. That's crazy-short. The class is Adaptations and Management. It deals with children with disabilities and inclusion and such.

Word of the Day: Ambulate

Very excited to find out the Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed movie should be coming out next year. Seth Green is in it, wooters, Alicia Silverstone, Peter Boyle, plus the main characters from the first movie. Should be out sometime next year! Very good news.