Thursday, April 29, 2004

Twelve Days!

Yes, I've started the Aspen's-Parents-Coming-To-MN - Countdown!
After three years of living up here my parents are finally coming to see where their little girl has been, and they're going to see their baby GRADUATE! WOOT! College... walking across the stage... even though I won't officially graduate until who-knows-when now, /sigh.
I have calmed down a bit after a HUGE class discussion last night and a talk with my dad. I have a rough plan etched out to include the new test:
Spend 1/2 summer in MN, take the two parts of the test I can in June.
Leave my stuff up here in storage, spend second 1/2 summer in TX seeing friends and family.
Go to NZ in August - end of Nov.
Maybe come home - maybe go straight to Italy.
Come back to Texas after travels and wait for a test date to be offered.
Come back up to MN to see friends, take stupid third part, enjoy my last days of pre-job freedom ;)
Bring stuff back to TX... unless I find a job up here /ponder.
Go back home and search for a job.

Really I'm pretty lucky because I only have one specialty. Some people have two or maybe even three specialty areas and they have to take a test for each one.
I find it interesting that they give us less than six months notice that we will have to take this test and yet the don't have any: a) test dates b) test made up c) information on the test
HA!
I feel more betterer. I just needed a plan!