Tuesday, October 25, 2005

From my laboratory in the castle east...

I'm looking into schools where I can get a PhD in Education or English. So far the best I've found is a degree in Adult and Higher Education from Montana State University in Bozeman, MT.
/love Montana
/fear getting PhD
Hummm...
PhD = another 3 years (minimum) + learning a new language = Eeeep!
But I want to teach at the University level - this is something, which becomes abundantly clearer every day – and therefore I must have a PhD. The good news is I might be able to get a teaching fellowship/graduate position, where I would teach classes while taking some of my own. This is exciting because I really want to get into the classroom. I spoke to a professor about my future today and he gave me some great advice, helped me get my thoughts organized and such. :)
I have a couple of years to think about this (or at least another year), but I'm one of those crazy-planning people who has to know the who, what, where, when, why's and how's of everything. That's not to say my plans don't change a hundred times before I actually get there ;)

Things to do:
*Decide on class schedule (register Monday)
*Get car washed
*Follow up on portable proxima
*Wednesday - 10am meeting, 12pm meeting
*Set up computer for B
*Email csd about computers
*Ask about job for Spring semester for V
*Follow up on microphone
*Finish reading Riddley Walker
*Type paper for LC (due Monday)
*Get goodies from Res Life
*Finish halloween dress for Monday
*Thursday - meet with V for Monday nights presentation
*Friday - buy goodies and decorations for Monday's Halloween Party
*Saturday - Tri-College RA Conference in Moorhead
*Sunday - bowling, set-up for party
*Monday - register, present, and set-up for party/contests
*Help Aya if I have time =0)