Thursday, October 20, 2005

Whatever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

I'm getting in the spirit, dontcha know ;)

I really hope the future of the world isn't left entirely in the hands of businesses.
I'm looking for pumpkin donations from local businesses for the pumpkin carving contest I'm in charge of (dorms). I called a couple of the local grocery stores and got 5 donated. Easy cheesey, "Hey I'm with so and so and I'm hoping you might be interested in..." Reults: Sure... and No... I needed 5 more, so I called our local big business: greetings & transferred, wrong person, they didn't know how to transfer me so I called back, transfer, wrong person, they put me on hold for 5 mins trying to figure out how to transfer me, hang up, call back, transfer, right person! but she tells me I have to fax a proposal to them and it goes through a committee for approval and then they call me back to let me know if it has been approved.... seriously... for 5 pumpkins.

BAH!