Thursday, September 14, 2006

Not Me

We were discussing our Portfolio Projects in class today and whether one should post links to their blog/wiki on their Online Portfolio. I had included it in my Inventory list. Someone in class said, "Yes, but that can come back to bite you." To which Dr. Morgan replied (with a chuckle); "Probably not in her case."

Now he might have been implying that my blog is completely devoid of life or exciting tidbits - or simply stating that it's content is innocent enough.

I'm looking at it as a compliment. I made a choice early on - before I ever started this blog that I wouldn't put anything on here that I wouldn't want my parents/teachers/friends/a perfect stranger to read. As it turns out both of my parental units, multiple friends, at least two teachers, and nobody knows how many strangers - do in fact read/have read my blog.

Now I'm not saying I lead this crazy-super-wild life and I never post any of it here. My life is rather uneventful - and I like it that way. But, I choose what exciting tidbits go into my blog. Ladies choice! And if it's interesting enough for you to read, you read it. More likely if you know me well enough and you're curious about what happens to me on a semi-daily basis - then you read this thing.

And I'm happy with that.
I'm over my wanting to be exciting and well-read.
Take it or leave it!

Now... moving on...
If you are vertically challenged, then you may not understand this bit at all... but if you are vertically gifted, then you will probably understand this all too well.
I'm rather tall, 6'ish and I don't really know anyone much taller than me. I have a few male friends who are an inch or two taller - but they're too close in height to affect my perception. I pass tall people on a daily basis, but when one of those people stops and stands right next to me (as happened today) so that I am fully aware of their tallness and how I don't even come to their shoulders - well that's just trippy. I feel short. That doesn't happen very often.
I think I like it.