Friday, January 19, 2007

"Big Eye - Overactive Brain - Worry - Stress"

Whatever you call it, that's what I've got.
I went to bed at 10:30 - fell asleep sometime after 12:30 - woke up at 4:30... don't have to be up until 7:30, but I can't get back to sleep.

Bah!

I'm stressing about this volunteer event Monday and about not having enough coverage in the Computer Lab.

I know I'll survive the volunteer thing (at least I think I will - positive attitude). I'm just nervous because it's something new and I have an important job - coordinating all the volunteers and I'm presenting a workshop.
But I will survive.

As for not having enough coverage in the lab.... it's only 2 hours on Tuesday and nobody is screaming at me - they understand. Whether the students understand or not... that is another question.

TO DO:

9am - 11am - Ed Dept Meeting
11am - 12pm - Home for lunch
12pm - 3pm? - Import video for iMovie workshop
Call rest of volunteers
Prepare for workshops
Print handout
House Concert Sat night!!!
Get books
Log-on to online class
Change all printed schedules (mine & lab)
Finish unpacking from trip
Straighten up apt (looks like a tornado's been through here)

On the plus side - it's good to be back in MN - and there is snow - Finally!
Oooh and I got this new cordless keyboard and mouse for Christmas and I got it hooked up last night. It's crazy-fancy - the keyboard has a lcd screen and all sorts of controls... I can check my email, change my music, chat, it shows in print on the screen when the caps lock is on/off, I can zoom/enlarge the text on the screen (so I can be across the room reading).... and I dunno what else. That's all I've had time to figure out so far :)

K.... gonna take a shower and get ready for this too-early day.

*mutter: definitely too early, just posted this to blogs & wiki daybook*
hehehe